Phonics - Sounds to Words - beginning readers EDU
The official app & game
Distributed by ApkOnline
Run this app named Phonics - Sounds to Words - beginning readers EDU or download it using ApkOnline. You can do it using our Android online emulator.
THIS IS THE FULL/EDUCATION VERSION OF OUR "Phonics - sounds to words" APP.
THIS APP TEACHES BEGINNING PHONICS. THROUGH OUR 6 GAMES KIDS LEARN TO READ, HEAR, WRITE AND REMEMBER THE SINGLE SOUNDS AND THEN USE THEM TO BLEND THE LETTERS TO READ WORDS, HEAR THE SOUNDS IN THEM AND THEN SPELL THEM.
*** ideal for beginning readers, pre-schoolers about to start school, kindergarten, reception and prep kids, and those having difficulty with reading. It is a companion to our Parrotfish Sight Words app ***
Understanding language, learning sight words and learning how sounds make words through a structured phonics program are proven to be the best ways for kids to learn to read.
10 to 15 minutes per day spent on a structured phonics program seems to be optimal. If your child is ready to learn to read then have them complete one level per day of this app to provide this experience.
This is a complete structured approach to teaching beginning phonics. When completed children should be able to read, write and spell simple words such as cat and fan, and blends such as brush and hang. (For teachers this covers single sounds, cvc, cvcc, ccvc, ccvcc, cccvcc)
* Set up individual profiles for multiple users
* Letters are introduced in the order taught in many schools.
* 4 single sounds are taught then there is a revision level where the sounds are used to read and write words
* They learn the sound, what it looks like, to recognise it in words, to read words, to blend letters into words, and how to write each letter
* Reading and writing simple words begins as soon as the first 4 sounds are learned
* Upper and lower case letters are introduced together
* Male and female voices and different fonts are used to aid generalisation
* 6 games have increasing difficulty and each cover a different reading skill and aid memory
* Revision levels consolidate the sounds from the previous levels
* The games provide lots of practice and repetition of the words
* All games build fluency and instant recognition
* Guesses are not rewarded. Progress is determined by accuracy
* The games are enjoyable with real game play, immediate feedback, reward structure and progress tracking
* 40 levels commencing at single letters and progressing to blending and segmenting words
* Over 150 images and 500 words, a really comprehensive learning experience
* Completely add free, internet connection not required
* No in-App purchases. Once you have purchased the full version you have the complete program - no more to pay
* Support material, flash cards, tips and hints, freely available on our web site
Options allow progression through games and levels in logical order or all levels can be unlocked so younger children can play the easier games at each level. Music can be turned off and levels can be reset.
1 - Titus is Fishing: Matching a spoken sound to the written sound, starts easy with only one choice, then gets harder. Lower case and upper case are used
2 - Feed Green Gordie: Drag the image that starts with the sound into the fish's mouth
3 - Trace and Write: Trace the letter being learned, staying on the track, with a starting and ending point and directional arrow for each stroke marked. As it gets harder only the starting, ending points and directional arrows are shown.
4 - What's Missing: An image and its word are shown with the target letter missing from the beginning, middle or end of the word. Select the correct letter and drag it into place.
5 - Slide and Match: A revision game for the letters covered in the level. Drag the same sounds on to a pile to match. As the pile gets taller the colours darken
6 - Spell with Sam: Make words from all of the sounds that they have been taught. If they can do this they are actually reading and writing.
CONTACT US: email@example.com.
We are always glad to hear about your experience with our products and may be able to apply suggestions for improvements to updates or in upcoming apps.
Run or download Phonics - Sounds to Words - beginning readers EDU using our android online emulator from ApkOnline.net
Developer: PARROTFISH STUDIOS
App version: 3.01
App size: 48M
Recent changes: Tracing game difficulty decreased!
I purchased this app a long time ago and have had it on every device I've had. It's wonderful.
The app is good. I purchased it. But I cannot move it to my tablet. How can I do that?
I am an early childhood teacher and I use this app with both my students and my own children (aged 4 & 6). It is brilliant for teaching phonics for reading and spelling. If they sorted out the bugs this would be better than any iPad app I've used in my classroom. Please fix the handwriting section for letter O, the formation direction is both back to front AND upside down."