Run this app named Scan & Scribe - Phone Docs OCR or download it using ApkOnline. You can do it using our Android online emulator.
It is simple to use:
1. Take a camera shot of handwritten notes or docs or load desired text image from gallery.
2. Crop and/or skew the intended text in the snapshot.
3. For text extraction from the cropped image, remember to select Handwritten option for hand written ones and Typed option for typed ones only.
4. Review the extracted text, make corrections if required. Incorrectly converted words will be highlighted.
5. You can now convert the text to speech for listening or save it for future use.
6. You can also share it via Facebook, email (Outlook, Gmail etc.), WhatsApp, Dropbox, OneDrive etc.
1. If images text direction is not from left-to-right, rotate the image.
2. All other things should be cropped except the desired text to be converted.
3. In printed docs you can even have different fonts.
In case of snapshot from smart phone camera:
1. Take desired snapshot of i.e. paper, receipt etc. in bright environment.
2. Avoid shadow of the phone and/or any other object on the snapshot.
3. Turn on flash of smart phone camera if required.
At present, app does not properly support following things:
1. Pictures of hand writings on the notebooks having lined pages or ruled paper.
2. Pictures having multicolor background.
3. Images of curved pages.
4. Languages other than English.
Acknowledgement: This app is the result of Pakistan's National ICT R&D Funded project "Smart Intelligence - An OCR Engine for Android & iOS Smart Phones" executed by Abasyn University Islamabad's Renzym OCR Research Group.
Run or download Scan & Scribe - Phone Docs OCR using our android online emulator from ApkOnline.net